[Help-glpk] Re: How can I use glpk -4.2 on Windows?

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: [Help-glpk] Re: How can I use glpk -4.2 on Windows?
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 14:11:01 +0300

>I have questions regarding how I use glpk -4.2 on windows. Do I need MS
>visual c++ to run "nmake.exe /f w32vc6d.mak" , which will create glpsol.exe
>(file that can use in Windows)?

To build glpk under Windows with MSVC you need to have MSVC++ 6.0 (or
later) installed on your machine. Nmake.exe is a make utility which
you need to run from the command line. Note that nmake requires some
environment variables to be set properly. If you type nmake.exe in the
command line and see the message "bad command or file name", these
variables are not set. To set them find the file vcvars32.bat (as a rule
it is placed in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\Bin) and
run it before running nmake.