[Help-glpk] What is the preference between a CHECK and a CONSTRAINT?

From: Harley Mackenzie
Subject: [Help-glpk] What is the preference between a CHECK and a CONSTRAINT?
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 09:59:01 +1100

I have been developing some MathProg models using GLPK 4.1 and I am confused to
the difference between a check and a constraint. Although a check is defined as
a logical test only rather than a numerical bound obviously there would be some
overlap in some cases and a validation could take either form.

Is it better to use either one or is the difference immaterial?

Regards,

Harley
     Dr. Harley Mackenzie         ACN:   087 953 839
                                  ABN:   27 087 953 839
     HARD Software                Web:   www.hardsoftware.com
     207 Noble Street             Tel:   +61 3 5222 3435
     Newtown 3220, Australia      Email: address@hidden