[Help-glpk] Re: glpsol killed

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: [Help-glpk] Re: glpsol killed
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 21:36:24 +0300

>I am using glpsol to solve my problem, but when glpsol is running the
>process is killed with the output:
>
>address@hidden examples]$ glpsol --math hub46.mod -o saida
>Reading model section from hub46.mod...
>Reading data section from hub46.mod...
>159 lines were read
>Generating custo_total...
>killed
>
>What's wrong? Is the problem too large for the glpsol? I have about
>2.116 integer 0/1 variables, 4.477.456 continuous variables and 196.835
>constrains. My computer is a Intel Pentium III - 800Mhz - 128MB RAM.

No glpk routine prints such message. Probably some system program kills
glpsol. Diagnostics is too laconic to understand what happens. Could
you enable a system log or a similar feature to trace the run? Glpsol
has no specific limits on the problem size. However, your model is
huge (even not for glpk :+), and abnormal termination may happen due to
lack of the system resources (128Mb of RAM is definitely too small for
such great model).