[Help-glpk] VC++ 6 problems with GLPK profiling

From: Harley Mackenzie
Subject: [Help-glpk] VC++ 6 problems with GLPK profiling
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 16:16:59 +1100

This may be more my lack of experience with the MS VC++ environment but I have
attempted to profile glpsol.exe using the MS profiler but the program fails as
it is unable to allocate memory whilst profiling. The program runs correctly in
both production and debug modes but under the profiler the umalloc call fails
at the test:

glplib2.c:

      if (size > env->mem_limit - env->mem_total)
         fault("umalloc: size = %d; no memory available", size);

and fails as env->mem_limit = 1 and env->mem_total = 0. When run normally,
env->mem_limit is a huge integer.

Has anyone any idea why the MS VC++ profiling environment does not seem to have
any memory available to allocate?

I have done some searching but havent found anything referring to this problem.

Regards,

Harley
     Dr. Harley Mackenzie         ACN:   087 953 839
                                  ABN:   27 087 953 839
     HARD Software                Web:   www.hardsoftware.com
     207 Noble Street             Tel:   +61 3 5222 3435
     Newtown 3220, Australia      Email: address@hidden