[Help-glpk] java-binding: zero-coefficients

From: Florian Korber
Subject: [Help-glpk] java-binding: zero-coefficients
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 20:18:00 +0100

Hello,

I am using the java-binding for glpk and
want to solve an LP which also has zero-coefficients.

I read that this is no valid input. Is there a workaround for that?

I am no mathematician but I assumed there is
no mathematical reformulation for eliminating the zeros. Correct?

I read in the User's Guide under glp_new_aij
that zero coefficients do not need to be specified.
(Any non specified coefficients are assumed to be zero.)
Is this correct?

How is it with the java-binding? Is there a way too?
(I have not found any possibility to enter single coefficients.)

Many thanks in advance,
Florian