[Help-glpk] Documentation (was: Using glpk for a sparse LU)

From: Lopaka Lee
Subject: [Help-glpk] Documentation (was: Using glpk for a sparse LU)
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 14:09:36 -0600 (MDT)

I think the comments in the code of glpk are perfectly fine.

All of the Doxygen-generated documentation that I've seen has been
absolutely awful -- mostly over documenting with confusing HTML links (I'm
sure this a result of improper use of Doxygen.)  The other issue is that
by using Doxygen, you are introducing an embedded language to the code
base -- most of the time this complicates matters.

Nothing beats simply working at being descriptive and unambiguous in your
coding  -- self documentation -- some thing that glpk has succeeded very
well at doing.

That's just my humble opinion, no flames intended :-)

-R