Re: [Help-glpk] A problem in compilation of glpk

From: Michael Hennebry
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] A problem in compilation of glpk
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 12:25:22 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 2 Dec 2004, Shubhashis Ghosh wrote:

>       I am using 'gcc' on a linux Redhat 9.0 operating system.
> I am using the following command. I think it is not getting reference
> to '__ctype_b_loc'. Can anyone please help me to figure out what may be
> the cause of the problem?
>
> gcc -g -O2  -Iinclude  sample/glpsoln.c \
>         libglpk.a -lm  -o glpsoln

Probably the result of mismatched C libraries.
gcc 3.0 uses a different standard library from previous versions.
It is almost compatible with previous versions.
Using ctype.h is a sure way to preclude mixing binaries.
The way to make it work is to ensure that you use the same
version of gcc that was used to compile GLPK.

This come up a lot elsewhere.  It belongs in a lot of FAQs.

--
Mike   address@hidden
"Pilot, does Moya know where we are?"  --   Zhaan