[Help-glpk] good enough solution

From: Klas Markström
Subject: [Help-glpk] good enough solution
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 01:32:11 +0200

Hi!
I have been using glpsol to solve various integer programs. It is often hard for the program to prove it has found the optimal solution, but on the other hand I can often use any integer solutions which is "good enough", i.e. has a high or low enough value of the objective fuctions. However, if I add a cutting plane which just cuts off the polytope at a given value of the objective function the solver tends to get less efficient.

Is there some simple way to modify glpsol so that it outputs a solution to an integer program once it has found a solution with a given vaöue of the objective function?
Maybe this could be an option for som future release of the stand alone solver.

Best regards,
Klas M.

Klas Markström                 email: address@hidden
Department of Mathematics        fax:   (+46)90 786 52 22
Umeå University                         phone: (+46)90 786 97 21
S-901 87 Umea, Sweden