Re: [Help-glpk] Memory allocation error

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Memory allocation error
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 17:02:07 +0400

> I am writing a Java Gui which allows a user to run the model by pressing
> the "run" button and change some parameters. I have written my mode in
> MathProg and now I am using JNI for glpk. However I have a problem. After
> the
> user presses "run" a lot times (sometimes more than once) Java gives me
> this
> error:
>
> ufree: ptr ..... memory allocation error
>
> Do you think that it has to do with the solver?

The routine ufree is a glpk version of the standard function free.
The message 'ufree: ptr ..... memory allocation error' means that
the pointer passed to the routine ufree is invalid, i.e. either it
was not assigned through a call to umalloc/ucalloc, or the memory
block it points to was already deallocated by ufree. I doubt that
it is a bug in glpk code; most probably the LPX object passed via
jni was corrupted.

Andrew Makhorin