Re: [Help-glpk] Build Error

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Build Error
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2006 13:24:05 +0300

> I installed glpk using apt-get in Ubuntu. I then downloaded the source.
> I'm currently trying to build glpsol.c to ensure that everything is set
> up properly in my environment, but I am getting the following output
> when I run gcc glpsol.c -lgpk
>
> address@hidden gcc glpsol.c -lglpk
>
> glpsol.c:337: error: syntax error before ‘}’ token
>
> glpsol.c: In function ‘parse_cmdline’:
>
> glpsol.c:620: error: ‘LPX_C_COVER’ undeclared (first use in this function)
>
> glpsol.c:620: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
>
> glpsol.c:620: error: for each function it appears in.)
>
> glpsol.c:622: error: ‘LPX_C_CLIQUE’ undeclared (first use in this function)
>
> glpsol.c:624: error: ‘LPX_C_GOMORY’ undeclared (first use in this function)
>
> glpsol.c:626: error: ‘LPX_C_ALL’ undeclared (first use in this function)
>
> glpsol.c: In function ‘main’:
>
> glpsol.c:848: error: ‘LPX_K_BINARIZE’ undeclared (first use in this
> function)
>
> glpsol.c:849: error: ‘LPX_K_USECUTS’ undeclared (first use in this function)
>
> Any Suggestions?

Hmm... Try to configure and compile glpk from scratch; there must be
no errors. Run `make check' to perform a simple check.
Then not installing the package enter subdirectory `examples' and try
to compile glpsol:

   gcc -I../include glpsol.c ../src/libglpk.a

The compilation must be successful. Then install the package in a usual
way. I hope all will work properly.