[Help-glpk] Regarding understanding MIP output

From: gaurav khanna
Subject: [Help-glpk] Regarding understanding MIP output
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 01:57:10 +0300

Hi all,

I used glpsol to solve the linear relaxed version of a MIP problem ( all
variables in my problem are 0 or 1) and  output the solution using -o
flag. What I want  is to get all those variables which have been set to
either 0 or 1 as a part of the solution and do not have  a fractional
value. In the output file , I extracted all the column ids having value 0
or 1 and added these as a new set of constraints to the original MIP
problem by fixing the variables as 0 or 1 according to the relaxed
solution.

Thus,  this new MIP problem should surely be feasible right?

I did that but I found the new MIP problem to be infeasible. I dont know
why this is happening. The problem instance is present at
http://www.cse.ohio-state.edu/~khannag/bip_8_20_new.lp.

The solution I get when I run the relaxed version of the problem is
present at http://www.cse.ohio-state.edu/~khannag/solution

In this solution file,  I took the value for column name under the
activity label as their solution value. Based on my
interpretation of the output file, 9409 variables out of 10244 were either
0 or 1 according to the number under the Activity Label in the solution
file. I added these as constraints to the original MIP but it becomes
infeasible.

Could you help me figure out the problem?

Thanks

Regards
Gaurav

Gaurav Khanna