[Help-glpk] glpsol - cplex format question

From: MarkP
Subject: [Help-glpk] glpsol - cplex format question
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 18:05:04 +0400

This file:
\* MtxLP *\
Maximize
OBJ: C + A + B + D
Subject To
_C1: - A - B = 0
_C2: - A + C - D = 0
Bounds
A <= 1
B <= 1
D <= 1
C <= 1
End

causes glpsolto bomb out with the message:

lpx_read_cpxlp: reading problem data from `MtxLP-pulp.lp'...
MtxLP-pulp.lp:9: symbol `B' in wrong position
CPLEX LP file processing error

It can be fixed by simply renaming variables:

\* MtxLP *\
Maximize
OBJ: See + Aye + Dee + Bee
Subject To
_C1: - Aye - Bee = 0
_C2: - Aye + See - Dee = 0
Bounds
Dee <= 1
Aye <= 1
See <= 1
Bee <= 1
End

But I can find nothing that suggests that that single letter variables,
other than possibly E|e can cause problems.
Can anyone explain this and point me to a definitive description of cplex
syntax ?

TIA

Mark