Re: [Help-glpk] Problem infeasibility

From: Spring
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Problem infeasibility
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 13:12:19 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Andrew,
the situation is the following:
I've a Mip problem with some binary variables and some fixed variables. I created an MPS file to describe problem by using glpk library (java interface 4.8) and I used the MPS file generated as input file for glpsol...the result is "PROBLEM HAS NO PRIMAL FEASIBLE SOLUTION".
Anyway the problem is not infeasible because if I create the MPS file by using Cplex, glpsol find the OPTIMAL SOLUTION..

Where is the problem and how can I solve it?

Thanks in advance

Andrew Makhorin <address@hidden> ha scritto:
> Hi, I'm trying to solve a feasible problem, by using glpsol and I
> obtained the following results:

> lpx_read_mps: reading problem data from
> `D:/workspace/OptimizationProject/info/optimizationFiles/F2cv_ProblemDescription.mps'...
> lpx_read_mps: problem name not specified
> lpx_read_mps: 14474 rows, 11220 columns, 520172 non-zeros
> lpx_read_mps: 11220 integer columns, 11200 of which are binary
> lpx_read_mps: 295790 cards were read
> PROBLEM HAS NO PRIMAL FEASIBLE SOLUTION

> I don't think what's the problem...Can you help me?

Try using the option `--nopresol' to disable the lp presolver.
If no fasible solution will be found, most probably, your lp is really
infeasible, in which case you can obtain additional information from
the solution output sheet.