Re: [Help-glpk] callback with lpx_intopt

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] callback with lpx_intopt
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 17:26:26 +0300

> I'm using   glp_intopt   to solve a MIP, using a callback to inform
> a heuristic solution to GLPK. However, as I understood, with
> glp_intopt GLPK does not generates cuts as in lpx_intopt. Is there any
> way to set a callback function while calling lpx_intopt ??? (perhaps
> I'm missing something...)

Lpx_intopt does not support the callback, because it solves the problem
instance transformed by the mip preprocessor. Even if lpx_intopt would
allow that, it would be impossible to determine components of the
original instance.

Eventually glp_intopt will be provided with some generic cut generators
(which currently I am working on) and, thus, will supersede lpx_intopt.