[Help-glpk] GLPK complexity and scalability

From: Sam
Subject: [Help-glpk] GLPK complexity and scalability
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 16:32:04 +1300

Hi All,

Firstly thanks to Erik Rantapaa - your suggestion worked! It strange, I'm sure I tried the opposite, but it didn't work ie. s.t. a_power{i in NODES} : if power[i] < 15 then a_node[i] = 1; instead of s.t. a_power{i in NODES} : if power[i] > 15 then a_node[i] = 0;
Maybe you can't enforce a true condition but can enforce a false condition?

Secondly, does anyone know of any literature that details the complexity and scalability of GLPK? I am most interested in mixed integer programming. According to Jurcik and Hanzalek (http://dce.felk.cvut.cz/hanzalek/publications/Hanzalek05b.pdf), GLPK can handle 100,000 constraints and 300 integer variables. Is there any way of confirming this, and does there exist a big-oh complexity notation for GLPK ie. O(n), in terms of constraints and variables?

Cheers, Sam