Re: [Help-glpk] initialization of LP

From: glpk xypron
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] initialization of LP
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 19:07:42 +0100

Hello Jinwei,

if there is only a single solution for an LP the result of GLPK should not
depend on any initial value.

The problem You describe often arises in scheduling, where planners want a NEAR
optimum solution but they are unwilling to accept schedules that are completely
changed between planning runs.

To keep solutions alike You can use the difference between the actual solution
and the initial solution to calculate a penalty.

Best regards

Xypron

-------- Original-Nachricht --------