Re: [Help-glpk] Quadratic programming

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Quadratic programming
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 16:33:20 +0400

> I am a new comer of GLPK and been very satisfied with it! Thank Makhorin
> for his great works!

Thank you for your interest in glpk.

>>From the FAQs (2004?) of the documentation, quadratic programming
> solvers seems to be one of the future plan at that time. I wonder can we
> see this in the near future?

QP is not a paramount.

I consider the following things as of paramount importance for glpk:

1) more robust and faster lp solver (currently working on it);

2) more robust and faster mip solver provided with a wider set of
   cutting plane generators.

3) network simplex (will start implementing it this autumn if nothing
   will prevent me from doing that :);

4) more robust and faster interior-point lp solver provided with a
   cross-over procedure.