Re: [Help-glpk] free mps

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] free mps
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 11:22:17 +0400

> I`m new in the glpk mailing list. So - first of all I would like thank
> you for the excellent glpk implementation.

Thank you for your interest in glpk.

> I have one question.  I would like to use a extended definition of the
> free mps format. (e.g. descriptors for the objective name and the
> objective direction)? Is it planned to implement things like that?

The problem is that these features are non-standard.
Glpk implementation is mainly based on the IBM OSL document, Section
"Passing Your Model Using Mathematical Programming System (MPS) Format",
which does not include such features. And I could not find appropriate
specification.

I think a better solution is to pass necessary information like
the objective row or optimization sense as parameters to the solver.

Andrew Makhorin