Re: [Help-glpk] Using lpx_integer for more than 200 variables

From: Michael Hennebry
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Using lpx_integer for more than 200 variables
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 10:38:55 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 26 Jun 2008, RC Loh wrote:

> Thank you very much for your response. Yes, my problem is a capacitated
> transhipment problem. I do not understand what you mean by "look for more
> constraints or a better formulation". Can you give me an example where
> putting more contraints can reduce the number of variables?

In that case, pretty much any LP solver will do.

Adding more constraints will not remove variables,
but useful ones will reduce the search space.
Travelling salesman problem solvers are well-known examples of this.
Since you have a CTP, you don't need to add more constraints.

--
Michael   address@hidden
"Those parts of the system that you can hit with a hammer (not advised)