Re: [Help-glpk] how to describe large matrix in octave to call GLPK

From: Xypron
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] how to describe large matrix in octave to call GLPK
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2008 00:06:03 +0100

Hello Jack,

this seems a question concerning usage of octave.

They have their own help email adress:
address@hidden

The needed documentation for calling GLPK from octave is in the octave package in file doc/optim.texi

If you have to handle very large datasets consider importing these from SQL to octave. See
http://octave-swig.sourceforge.net/octave-db.html

Best regards

Xypron

Jack Franklin wrote:
HI,

I am doing research in the parallel computing and I need to do programming
in MPITB\octave in
order to implement some algorithm to solve mixed linear programming.

I need to call GLPK package from octave.

But, I do not know how to describe the linear programming problem components
for GLPK .

For example, how to describe AX + BY - CZ <=b, and  (AX ? BY + CZ) >=  (EX
? FY + DZ) in octave
so that I can call GLPK to solve them ?.

here , X,Y,Z are n-dimension decision variables and  A,B,C, D,E,F are
coefficient matrices.

I have got some simple examples about GLPK programming but they are very
simple and the matrices are
input by hand.

My LP problem is very large and how can I describe them in octave more
efficiently?

Thanks,

Jack

Nov. 21 2008