[Help-glpk] glp_write_mps inconsistency

From: Marc Goetschalckx
Subject: [Help-glpk] glp_write_mps inconsistency
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 15:00:53 -0500

I made an attempt to identify exactly where the inconsistency is created through the following steps

1) created problem through API calls in a C program
all of the following steps occur at the same location in the C program
2) wrote problem in free mps style with call glp_write_mps, that problem is solved with zero objective and does not contain objective terms
3) wrote problem in free mps style with call to _lpx_write_freemps, generated file is identical to file of case 2
4) specified LPX_K_MPSOBJ parameter to be one with function _lpx_set_int_parm,
5) wrote problem in free msp style with call to _lpx_write_freemps, problem is solved with objective equal to cases 6 and 7, objective terms are included in the mps file
6) wrote problem in lp format
7) solved problem inside C program with API call glp_int_opt

What is the correct sequence of API calls to generate an free mps style model with the new interface (I am using 4.32 version).
The function lpx_set_int_parm is being phased out and I do not know if it would impact the execution of glp_write_mps
Just using glp_write_mps appears to omit the objective function