Re: [Help-glpk] FOR HELP!

From: xypron
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] FOR HELP!
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 15:40:27 -0800 (PST)

Andrew Makhorin wrote:

>>    I want to solve a MIP problem with GLPK,but becase the problem is a
>> large scale one, and it's hard to solve. And I have know a feasible
>> solution of the question. So I want to write a routine whick will pass
>> the solution to the mip solver so as to  reduce the search tree?
>>    So the question is how can I tell mip solver the solution.Will you
>> please give me some advice? Thank u!
>
> If you have an integer feasible solution found with a primal heuristic,
> you can pass it to the mip solver with the routine glp_ios_heur_sol.

Hello Andrew,

ILOG OPL Studio allows to set integer values of a feasible solution inside
the mathematical model (like we could do in GMPL) and use an optimization
profile parameter to force the solver to branch according to these values to
find the first feasible solution. Afterwards a normal branching heuristic is
used. This can be a way to start with a good upper bound.

This might be a feature worth considering for implementation in GLPSOL.

Best regards

Xypron