RE: [Help-glpk] Building set of sets from plain set

From: Meketon, Marc
Subject: RE: [Help-glpk] Building set of sets from plain set
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 23:57:01 -0500

AMPL has specific arc/node based variables and constraints that are
similar to your example (see example below).  Seems like this also
allows efficient sparse network generation.

set V;
set E within (V cross V);

param cost {E} >= 0;      # shipment costs per ton

minimize Total_Cost;

node Supply {k in V}: net_out = 0;
node Demand {k in V}: net_in = 0;

arc Ship {(i,j) in E} >= 0, <= link_cap[i,j],
   from Demand[i], to Supply[j], obj Total_Cost cost[i,j];

arc Through {k in V} >= 0, <= city_cap[k],
   from Supply[k], to Demand[k];