[Help-glpk] graph objects and proposed network solver

From: Robbie Morrison
Subject: [Help-glpk] graph objects and proposed network solver
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 14:11:30 +0100

Hello Andrew

I am extrapolating a little here .. and may well have
got this very wrong .. !

First there was mention of a flow network solver earlier
this year.  And just recently, some discussion on a
network syntax for the mathprog language.

Therefore ... I was just wondering ... I guess the
current GLPK problem object be compatible with the
planned network solver.  But will there be support for
a higher level abstraction dealing with graphs and
edges and such?  And if so, will the two problem
objects be interchangeable and/or convertible?

The reason I ask is that I am currently considering
updating/improving my GLPK solver interface class and
that provoked some thoughts as to how the GLPK API
might evolve to cope better with networks.

best wishes to all
---
Robbie Morrison
PhD student -- policy-oriented energy system simulation
Technical University of Berlin (TU-Berlin), Germany
University email (redirected) : address@hidden
Webmail (preferred)           : address@hidden
[from IMAP client]