Re: [Help-glpk] concave gain networks and non-global optima

From: Robbie Morrison
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] concave gain networks and non-global optima
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 16:04:15 +0100

Hello Andrew, Axel, and Bob

Many thanks for the replies.

I found the following paper discussing, among other
things, various ways of specifying piecewise linear
costs (which look similar to the stepwise linear gains
I mentioned):

  Croxton, Keely L, Gendon, Bernard, and Magnanti,
      Thomas L.  2002.  A comparison of mixed-integer
      programming models for non-convex piecewise
      linear cost minimization problems.  Management
      Science, v49, pp1268-1273.

I obtained their working paper, released a year
earlier, with the same title (so I guess the content is
very similar):

  Massachusetts Institute of Technology Operations
      Research Center Working Paper OR 363-02

  URI: http://hdl.handle.net/1721.1/5233
  PDF: OR-363-02.pdf (712kiB)

This working paper can be downloaded from the above url.

Robbie
---
Robbie Morrison
PhD student -- policy-oriented energy system simulation
Institute for Energy Engineering (IET)
Technical University of Berlin (TU-Berlin), Germany
University email (redirected) : address@hidden
Webmail (preferred)           : address@hidden
[from IMAP client]