Re: [Help-glpk] Ordered sets in GMPL

From: xypron
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Ordered sets in GMPL
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2008 06:41:20 -0800 (PST)

Hello Andrew,

>> GMPL.
>> I have implemented the possibility to sort sets in GLPK.
>> The syntax I have chosen is to add a keyword "sorted" to domains:
>> set B, dimen 2 := setof{sorted (i,j) in A} (i,j);

It would be better if not only the indexing set of a domain operation could
be sorted but also the result set:
set B := setof{(i,j) in A} sorted (x[i],x[j]);

Both sorting orders (by index, by resultset) are useful.

I just implemented this as a further value "sortresult" in struct DOMAIN,
which I evaluate for O_SETOF in function eval_elemset(). A call to newly
introduced sort_elemset() does the job.

Best regards

Xypron