Re: [Help-glpk] Install GLPK

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Install GLPK
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 08:39:53 +0300

> I want to solve linear equations that are attached with GLPK.
> For this I must first install GLPK.
> Tell me how to install GLPK
> I downloaded GLPK and dev C + +, I ran the file build_glpk_whith_dev
> I got 3 files (gplsol, config, libglpk)
> Help me to continue the installation procedure, for dev C++  or java
> I have windows XP

Unlike windows applications you do not need to install glpk. If you
have glpsol.exe, you can use it from the command-line. Choose
'Start/Programs/Accessories/Command Prompt' and run glpsol.exe.

I would recommend you to use glpsol in the following way.

1. Copy example model plan.mod from glpk/examples to the directory
   containing glpsol.exe.

2. Create file go.bat in the same directory and add to it the
   following line with Notepad (right click go.bat and then choose
   'Edit'):

      glpsol.exe -m plan.mod -o out.txt --log log.txt

3. Run go.bat by double-clicking it.

4. Open file out.txt. It is the solution obtained by the solver.

You also may be interested in Gusek, a Windows IDE for GLPK developed
by Luiz Bettoni. See http://gusek.sourceforge.net .