Re: [Help-glpk] glpsol (MIP) "-w" output specification, "-y" operatio

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] glpsol (MIP) "-w" output specification, "-y" operation
Date: Sat, 2 May 2009 20:51:25 +0300

> I am using glpsol --math (version 4.37) for MIP problems.

> How do I get the assignment of the problem variables
> from  the output produced by "-w"
> (In what order are they printed)?

In the same order in which the rows and columns follow in the
problem object.

Unortunately, it is impossible to predict in which order the MathProg
translator adds constraints and variables into the problem object.

You might try to use API routines rather than glpsol. See section
"Routines for processing MathProg models" in the reference manual and
two example programs (examples/mplsamp1.c, mplsamp2.c) included in the
distribution.

> It seems the "-y" option does not work as advertised
> (or I don't understand it): even when I do

> glpsol --math check.mod -w /dev/stdout -y /dev/null

> I get logging output on stdout.

The '-y' option redirects only the output produced by the display
statement in MathProg models.