Re: [Help-glpk] GLPK installation problem

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] GLPK installation problem
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 19:59:35 +0300

> I am a new user to  GLPK.
> I want to solve MILP problem in C++ using GLPK.
> I downloded GLPK version 4.38 on my Laptop, which has Windows XP.
> I downloded the following two files and save them in a separate folder on my
> documents :
> glpk-4.38.tar.gz , glpk-4.38.tar.gz.sig, then I tried to follow the
> installation instructions in the reference manual on page 195.
> When I tried to run the command
> gpg --verify glpk-4.38.tar.gz.sig
> or
> gpg --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv-keys 5981E818
> as was mentioned in the manual I received an error massege on the command
> window :
> The system cannot find the path specified.

> Please help me to solve this issue.

This means that gpg (or pgp) is not installed on your machine.
You can download gpg (a free version of pgp) from
http://www.gnupg.org/download/ . However, it is not needed to
compile glpk. It is only needed to check that glpk tarball has been
downloaded without errors.

To compile glpk you need to have MSVC installed. Just unpack the
distribution tarball, enter subdirectory (folder) 'w32', and run
appropriate batch file.