[Help-glpk] Divorce settlement

From: David Curran
Subject: [Help-glpk] Divorce settlement
Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 10:07:36 +0100

Hello
I have just written a glpk program to maximise the minimum received
when people split up some items. I have written up an explanation of
the problem here
http://liveatthewitchtrials.blogspot.com/2009/05/fair-division.html
and the code is here http://pastie.org/488839
The program takes a set of items, two people and the % they desire
each item. It then figures out how to divide out the items so the
person who gets the minimum % of their desired items gets the maximum
possible.

If anyone has any suggestions or improvements I would appreciate them.

Is there an easy way to make the variables mixed in this program? By
this I mean if some items are divisible (money say) then that variable
can be declared as >=0; if the item cannot be divided (a painting say)
then it can be defined as binary.
I have tried writing a version of this maximin program here
http://pastie.org/488829 with both types of variables but it does not
work.

Is there a way to mix binary and other variables in this problem?
     Regards
       David