Re: [Help-glpk] Basis read/write

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Basis read/write
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 22:14:07 +0300

> As I pointed out in the earlier thread, when I use -r, glpsol does not
> solve, it just reads the solution.
> May be I am missing something, please let me know,

No, you don't. The -r option just reads the solution.

Currently to construct initial lp basis glpsol has options --std, --adv
(default), and --bib. I think it would be reasonable to introduce a new
option, say, '--ini filename', in which case glpsol reads initial basis
from filename (in the format used by -w option) and disables the lp
presolver. The only problem that may appear is mapping rows/columns,
because the lp solution file format do not use row/column names. Any
changes in mathprog model may (or may not--it is unpredictable) change
the order in which rows/columns are generated.