Re: [Help-glpk] linear ordering problem again

From: Yingjie Lan
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] linear ordering problem again
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2010 01:41:09 -0800 (PST)

> If I have a really good heuristic solution, how can I take
> advantage of it with GLPK API (for example, how to use that
> to help with pruning the tree)?

Hi Andrew,

I checked with the GLPK source code, but didn't find anything useful in this
regard. I wonder if we can add another option to the glpsol (and some thing in
the solver control structure in the API), about specifying an objective value
to an MIP problem obtained via some heuristics, in the hope to speed it up.
This kind of option is available to cplex, I think, and it is probably helpful
in some cases.

Thanks,

Yingjie