Re: [Help-glpk] Connecting GLPK to Excel or Access

From: Noli Sicad
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Connecting GLPK to Excel or Access
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 06:04:43 +0700

Aly,

I suppose you have downloaded the glpk-4.42 tarball and GUSEK IDE for
GLPK/GMLP (MathProg). If not yet. I think you should download it.

http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/glpk/

http://sourceforge.net/projects/gusek/

Are you into programming  C/C++, python, java, etc. using GLPK API
thru library (*.dll) to create your model, or more into modelling?

For modelling, use MathProg (GMPL) with GUSEK IDE. MathProg supports
to csv, dbf and sql tables. Have a look at the examples in glpk-4.42
tarball especially csv, dbf and sql.

You can easily create csv and dbf tables using Excel.  For Access, you
can SQL using ODBC connection.

Read all the postings - Re: Excel Access here:
http://www.mail-archive.com/search?q=excel+access&l=help-glpk%40gnu.org

Welcome to GLPK.

Regards, Noli