Re: [Help-glpk] Always running time error : " error while loading shared

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Always running time error : " error while loading shared libraries: libglpk.so.0:"
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 10:54:34 +0300

> Sorry to bother us. I am a newbie to glpk. I am calling glpk lib from
> my own c++ file. The c++ code is actually a test code copied from page
> 15 of glpk.pdf.

> I already configure to support dynamic lib. The commands I use are:
> sudo ./configure --enable-dl=dlfcn --prefix /usr
> sudo make install LDFLAGS+=-ldl prefix=/usr/
> If I donot use LDFLAGS+=-ldl, there will be errors like:
> ../src/.libs/libglpk.so: undefined reference to `dlsym'

The option '--enable-dl' has sense only if it specified along with
'--enable-odbc' and/or '--enable-mysql'. If you are not going to access
external databases from mathprog models, you do not need to enable this
feature.

> sudo make check shows it is correctly installed.

'make check' does not install the package. To install the package you
should run 'make install'.

> sudo ./glpsol can also work

> [...]

> The source code gets compiled, but there is always a running time error:
> address@hidden TestLP]$ ./TestLP
> ./TestLP: error while loading shared libraries: libglpk.so.0: cannot

You should either install the package with 'make install' or make
libglpk.so available on running your program.

For more details please see file INSTALL or Appendix A in the glpk
reference manual included in the distribution.