Re: [Help-glpk] Branch and cut tree representation.

From: Brady Hunsaker
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Branch and cut tree representation.
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 08:35:35 -0500

Thanks, Andrew, for remembering BAK. I need to update the page you referenced. Up-to-date access to BAK is here:
http://www.rosemaryroad.org/projects/BAK/

I have been meaning to let this list know about BAK and what we're doing. There is a patch that you apply to the GLPK source code (included in the BAK download) that allows us to collect the data we need. BAK is written in Python and Gnuplot (Python is a change from earlier versions) and allows the creation of several tree and progress visualizations with minimal overhead. The link above includes a manual that shows some of what you can create with BAK.

I would love to get feedback from people who try BAK out.

Andrew, I'm going to follow up with you to see if it is possible to incorporate the changes to GLPK directly into GLPK.

Brady

Andrew Makhorin wrote:
Well, there is any way to obtain the entire list of nodes and build
the tree?

Currently such a feature is not supported.

Is possible to modify the B C api #39;s to obtain that list?

In principle, yes. You can trace each new node of the tree in the
the callback routine specifying it in the parameter list passed to
glp_intopt. For more details please see the glpk reference manual
included in the distribution.

Another way is to patch the glpk source code (see the routine
ios_driver in file src/glpios03.c). See also the BAK package
developed by Brady Hunsaker, which allows visualizing the search
tree for three mip solvers including glpk:
http://www.rosemaryroad.org/brady/software/index.html