Re: [Help-glpk] Always running time error : " error while

From: Robbie Morrison
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Always running time error : " error while
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 18:50:21 +0100

Hi Huang

> To:          Andrew Makhorin <address@hidden>
> Subject:     Re: [Help-glpk] Always running time error : " error while
> From:        Guanyao Huang <address@hidden>
> Date:        Thu, 25 Feb 2010 23:04:39 -0800
>
> Hi, I resolved the problem. The problem was: every time I open a new
> terminal I should set LD_LIBRARY_PATH again. I cant restart the
> computer.

If you wish, you can permanently set LD_LIBRARY_PATH in ~/.bashrc, using
one of the following:

  export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=xxx                     # overwrite
  export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:xxx    # append, check last
  export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=xxx:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH    # append, check first

> Thank you for your help.
>
> On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 5:59 PM, Andrew Makhorin <address@hidden> wrote:
>>> Actually my LD_LIBRARY_PATH is correct.
>>
>>> Now I run:
>>> sudo make clean
>>> sudo ./configure --disable-shared
>>> sudo make install

Given a normal (Ubuntu) setup, most of these commands should run fine
in user space -- except for 'make install' and 'make uninstall'.  In
which case 'sudo' is only needed for last two.  Indeed, running
user-space commands as the superuser can cause major grief!

>> You forgot to run 'make uninstall'.

[snip - some g++ calls]

hope this helps
Robbie Morrison
---
PhD student -- policy-oriented energy system simulation
Technical University of Berlin (TU-Berlin), Germany
University email (redirected) : address@hidden
Webmail (preferred)           : address@hidden
[from IMAP client]