Re: [Help-glpk] Fwd: Re: single glpk distribution for windows

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Fwd: Re: single glpk distribution for windows
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 14:40:22 +0300

Hi Chris,

> I was thinking of putting something like this together for MacOS,
> since at least one person on this list was interested. It would be a
> binary Mac package (a *.pkg in an *.dmg container). Instead of Gusek,
> I would include a customized "TextAdept" using Noli Sicad's macros.

> What do you think?

I don't know :&

SciTE has the advantage that it is self-complete. Unlike TextAdept it
does not require any third-party components and can be used on both
Windows and Linux platforms. I am not a mac user, so I cannot judge
which choice is better. However, I see no problem to install and use
glpk under Linux; problems appear under Windows which is lack of
development tools (for example, under Windows it is even problematic
to run glpsol).

Andrew Makhorin