Re: [Help-glpk] Connecting GLPK to Excel

From: xypron
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Connecting GLPK to Excel
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2010 06:54:55 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Aly,

GLPK can read csv files, see examples/csv/transp_csv.mod and doc/tables.pdf
in GLPK 4.43.
GLPK expect the decimal delimitor to be a point and the field separator to
be a comma.
If Excel does not save in this format you may change your Windows region
settings to
Englisch/USA.

You can use ODBC to connect to Excel.
https://winglpk.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/winglpk/trunk/examples/sql/
has an example.
My Windows XP ODBC driver only supported the Excel 97 format.

Best regards

Xypron