Re: [Help-glpk] Why is glpk-java.jar not the same across all platforms?

From: Fabio
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Why is glpk-java.jar not the same across all platforms?
Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 19:30:13 +0200

Hi Xypron,

yes, swapping the files leads to problems. For example when using the .jar
generated on the Linux machine on my Mac OS X laptop, I get the following
exception:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
org.gnu.glpk.GLPKJNI.GLP_BR_PCH_get()I
        at org.gnu.glpk.GLPKJNI.GLP_BR_PCH_get(Native Method)
        at org.gnu.glpk.GLPKConstants.<clinit>(GLPKConstants.java:66)

This is glpk 4.43 and glpk-java 1.0.13. I think the same error occurs on the
Linux machine when using the .jar generated on the Mac laptop (I'm not at work,
so I can't post the exact error message right now).

They also have different file sizes:

-rw-r--r--   1 fabio  staff    49K 31 May 19:18 linux64-glpk-java.jar
-rw-r--r--   1 fabio  staff    43K 31 May 19:18 mac64-glpk-java.jar

Best,
Fabio