[Help-glpk] Re: GLPK Wikibook : Electricity markets page

From: Harley Mackenzie
Subject: [Help-glpk] Re: GLPK Wikibook : Electricity markets page
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2010 12:00:45 +1000

You are of course correct about my sloppy notation - I shall fix it, as it was a bit late when I added this.

I dont believe that mathprog can do these kind of calculations as I did these in a spreadsheet in Openoffice that I would also like to add to the page [similar problem to adding images - how do you do this?]. However, others on the GLPK list who know mathprog much better than I may be able to help.

Does anyone know if it is possible to do the piecewise approximation in GMPL rather than externally?

For the tutorial it would be useful, but in more realistic models these calculations would probably be performed externally and input to the model as part of the separate data file.

Regards,

Harley