Re: [Help-glpk] GLPK add-on for Excel

From: glpk xypron
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] GLPK add-on for Excel
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 19:47:44 +0200

Hello Larry,

> There is a new add-on for Excel called OpenSolver.
> http://www.opensolver.org
> I was wondering if it is possible to make a GLPK add-on
> for Excel similar to this one.

opensolver creates a cplex file, calls cbc.exe with the
cplex file and then parses the solution file created
by cbc.exe.

Opensolver could be patched to use glpk.exe instead of
cbc.exe.

Please, describe which benefit for the user you want
to create by using GLPK instead of CBC.

For OpenOffice 3.0 a addon using lp_solve is available.
http://code.google.com/p/scsolver/

Best regards

Xypron