Re: [Help-glpk] Can GLPK use multiple object?

From: Marcin Mucha
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Can GLPK use multiple object?
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 00:28:24 +0200

It seems to me that in this particular case (but not in general) you
can get away
with an ordinary LP using the method you suggested.
By putting Y <= Z1 and Y <= Z2 in the program instead of Y=min(Z1,Z2), you
only guarantee that Y <= min(Z1,Z2). However, in the optimal solution you will
have Y = min(Z1,Z2), because any smaller value would mean an unnecessarily
large value for X because of the first constraint.

Marcin