Re: [Help-glpk] What can cause the error "Error detected in file glpios0

From: glpk xypron
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] What can cause the error "Error detected in file glpios02.c"
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 22:12:55 +0200

Hello Serveh,

> The version of GLPK that Octave is calling is 4.40.
The assert in question is in prepare_row_info() called
by basic_preprocessing() called by ios_preprocess_node()
called by ios_driver(). Hence it is called before solving
one of the subproblems in the branch and bound algorithm.

To further investigate why the assert fails in function
prepare_row_info() please replace
  assert(a!=a);
in line 134 of glpk-4.40/src/glpios02.c or
line 135 of glpk-4.44/src/glpios02.c by
  xerror("Error in prepare_row_info, a = %g", a);
and compile and install the GLPK library.

Please, inform me if a == 0 or if a == NaN.

The source package can be downloaded from
ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/glpk/

Unzip and untar the source archive.

On Linux use
./configure;make;sudo make install;sudo ldconfig

On Windows change to the w32 or w64 directory depending on whether
you are using a 32 or 64bit version of Octave and use the
supplied build files together with Visual C++ Express and the
the Windows SDK for compiling.

> by the way, how can I find out when this assert is reached in octave?
The current version of GLPK (4.44) has an error hook function which
allows a calling application to gracefully handle errors in the
GLPK library. Please, ask the Octave developpers to use it.

glp_error_hook() is documented in src/glpk.pdf of the source
distribution of GLPK.

A coding example can be found at
http://winglpk.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/winglpk/trunk/examples/c/glp_error_hook_demo.c?revision=24&content-type=text%2Fplain

Best regards