[Help-glpk] Re: RE: Floating point precision?

From: glpk xypron
Subject: [Help-glpk] Re: RE: Floating point precision?
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 22:44:54 +0200

Hello Laura,

> The d[i]'s are percentages, so technically they can range between 0-1.
Please, replace
subject to Bin_d1 {i in I1}: d[i] <= 100*BIN2[i];
subject to Bin_d2 {i in I1}: d[i] >= k - 100*(1-BIN2[i]);
by
subject to Bin_d1 {i in I1}: d[i] <= BIN2[i];
subject to Bin_d2 {i in I1}: d[i] >= k * BIN2[i];

This will result in better scaling and could give you up to two
extra digits of precision.

> A few of the d's are around 10^(-8), so those I can write off as rounding
> errors. In a few instances, the "errors" are higher (0.0005), and that
> should not happen.

Some tolerance in GLPK are as high as 1e-5, e.g.:

double tol int (default: 1e-5)
Absolute tolerance used to check if optimal solution to the current LP
relaxation is integer feasible.

Best regards

Xypron

-------- Original-Nachricht --------