Re: [Help-glpk] I got a solution that violates the constraints

From: xiaomi
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] I got a solution that violates the constraints
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 17:18:01 -0400

The value range is the problem I don't know. So far, the benchmark gives the result that value ranges from 0 to 2000. However, the value may increase in larger benchmark.

By the way, is it the only way to formulate the total number of non-zero value among all Xmax***_*** by following constrants:

0<= Xmax***_*** <= M B,
where M is a large number( I used 999,999 in my case), and B is a binary variable.

By minimizing sum of B, I can get the minimum total number of non-zero value. Is there another way to do so?

Hello

GLPK does not use exact math for solving MIP problems. Hence rounding errors may occur.

What is the value range for Xmax67_134, and Xmax67_136? Can you replace 999,999 by a smaller value?

Best regards

Xypron

xiaomi wrote:
version:
GLPSOL: GLPK LP/MIP Solver, v4.43

In my lp file, there are 2 constraint voilated by solving in GLPK:

Xmax67_134 - 999999 B67_134BB<= 0
Xmax67_136 - 999999 B67_136BB<= 0

B67_134BB and B67_136BB are both binary variables. The solution given by
GLPK is following:

Row name Activity Lower bound Upper bound
Xmax67_134 6.8975 0
B67_134BB * 0 0 1
Xmax67_136 0.7975 0
B67_136BB * 0 0 1

How could GLKP give a solution that is not feasible?

Thanks.