[Fwd: Re: [Help-glpk] reading Excel table into GLPK]

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: [Fwd: Re: [Help-glpk] reading Excel table into GLPK]
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 12:59:15 +0300

-------- Forwarded Message --------
From: Christina Cignarale <address@hidden>
To: Noli Sicad <address@hidden>
Cc: CHRISTINA CIGNARALE (RIT Student) <address@hidden>,
address@hidden
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] reading Excel table into GLPK
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2010 22:03:22 -0500

Hi,

Thank everyone for your input. I put the table statement into the model
file but, I am still getting an error. I was unsure how to define part
of the statement for my problem. I referenced the soduku example that is
posted. This is the model I am using

set NUTR;
set FOOD;

param cost {FOOD} > 0;
param f_min {FOOD} >= 0;
param f_max {j in FOOD} >= f_min[j];

param n_min {NUTR} >= 0;
param n_max {i in NUTR} >= n_min[i];

param amt {NUTR,FOOD} >= 0;

table f IN 'ODBC'
'Driver={Microsoft Excel Driver (*.xls)};dbq=newdiet.xls'
'SELECT * FROM [Nutr$]'
NUTR <- [NUTR],n_min,n_max;

var Buy {j in FOOD} >= f_min[j], <= f_max[j];

minimize Total_Cost:  sum {j in FOOD} cost[j] * Buy[j];

subject to Diet {i in NUTR}:
   n_min[i] <= sum {j in FOOD} amt[i,j] * Buy[j] <= n_max[i];

The highlited line is where I am getting the error. I know I do not have
a WHERE statement but I was unsure how to include that.

Thank you for your help,
Christina