[Help-glpk] Error: multiplication of linear forms not allowed

From: Sarad AV
Subject: [Help-glpk] Error: multiplication of linear forms not allowed
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2011 15:40:38 +0530

Hi all,

How do we solve Integer Linear Programming formulations of the Travelling Salesman Problem as in this URL
http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/ormpug/63352/HTML/default/viewer.htm#ormpug_milpsolver_sect020.htm

where there is a multiplication operator in the Objective function.

glpsol complains " multiplication of linear forms not allowed".

Is there an easy fix to this?

There are a whole lot of decision problems where we either need to pick something or leave something, almost always represented by a boolean integer multiplied with its actual quantitative value.

Thank you,
Sarad AV.