Re: [Help-glpk] [Fwd: output format]

From: glpk xypron
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] [Fwd: output format]
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2011 04:38:21 +0100

Hello Rachid,

> To: address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden
It is sufficient to address address@hidden

> I want to have an output of this type
>
> variable = value
>
> is it possible?

To my understanding you are currently using the standalone solver
glpsol to read a file in CPLEX format and writing the solution to
a file, e.g.

glpk-4.47\w32\glpsol.exe --lp test.lp -o test.sol

Instead you could use the GMPL file format as described in
glpk-4.47\doc\gmpl.pdf

In GMPL you can format the output as you need it with the printf
statement, e.g.

printf "n1 = %f\n", n1;

You can also use the printf statement to write to a file:

printf "n1 = %f\n", n1 >> filename;

If you want to stick to the LP file format for the problem formulation,
you can use the GLPK library to write a program in C that does the job.
Language bindings for Java and Python and other languages are available.
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/GLPK/Language_Bindings

The documentation for the library is in
glpk-4.47\doc\glpk.pdf

The manuals are available in the GLPK source distribution
ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/glpk/glpk-4.47.tar.gz

Best regards

Xypron