Re: [Help-glpk] How to use the -r option in glpsol with mathProg?

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] How to use the -r option in glpsol with mathProg?
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2012 12:06:09 +0400

> I have an issue, I'd like to know how can I use the -r (read solution
> from filename rather to find it with the solver) option than comes with
> glpsol with a MathProg model?  Can you give examples about it. I have
> solutions that I'd like evaluate within the same model with different
> parameters.

The general idea is the following. First you solve your instance with
glpsol and write the solution found to a file using -w option. Then (on
other run of glpsol) you may use -r option to restore that solution from
the file as if the instance were just solved. This feature is intended
mainly: i) for documenting purposes, ii) to pass the solution to another
program for further processing, and iii) to facilitate writing a
post-solve part of MathProg models when the solution takes a long time.