Re: [Help-glpk] Sizing the problem...

From: Noli Sicad
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Sizing the problem...
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2013 15:45:29 +1100

Hi Michael

> Thanks for the response, but I don’t think this applies as other solvers
> find a solution.  You are right that supply / demand are [0,1].
> Maybe the problem is just tooooooo large?
>
> Any ideas?

No, the problem is not too large. You can see in your glpsol logs that
the problem is formulated and glpsol is trying to solve it.The MIP
problem is just hard to solve using the algorithms implemented /used
in GLPK.

Try to solve this MIP problem using CBC - MathProg.

Here's how to compile CBC with MathProg.

Compiling the COIN-OR CBC solver with mathprog
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/GLPK/Mixing_GLPK_with_other_solver_packages

Noli